Fly from the UK, arriving in Auckland on day three due to the difference in time zones. Unwind after the flight and enjoy this harbour side city. Explore at your leisure, perhaps taking in the views from the top of the Sky Tower or enjoying a boat trip across the harbour to one of the neighbouring islands.
Experience the best that New Zealand has to offer on this independent rail and road tour.
On the Northern Explorer train journey that runs from Auckland to Wellington the main highlight is the journey through the Tongariro National Park where snow-blanketed ancient lava flows, and dense beech forests compliment the diverse scenery of the central North Island.
Next is The Coastal Pacific Train which operates from Picton on the north-eastern tip of the South Island to the city of Christchurch in the south. The line follows the rugged Pacific coast against a backdrop of two mountain ranges: the Seaward and Inland Kaikoura Ranges. Along the way, passengers can take advantage of the Coastal Pacific's open viewing carriage and single-class carriages with large panoramic windows.
Discover the rest of New Zealand in your motorhome safe in the knowledge that all your campsites are pre-booked for you. Discover Mt. Cook (Aoraki), Lake Tekapo, Wanaka, the Franz Josef Glacier, and the Abel Tasman National Park on the South Island before returning to the North Island to explore Martinborough, Napier, Lake Taupo, and the Coromandel Peninsula.
Duration: 31 days
Independent Motorhome Tours
Departure dates:Make an enquiry
- The cities of Auckland, Wellington, and Christchurch
- The Northern Explorer Train from Auckland to Wellington including Tongariro National Park
- The harbour town of Picton
- The Coastal Pacific Train from Picton to Christchurch
- Mount Cook and the Southern Alps
- The lakeside town of Wanaka
- Abel Tasman National Park
- Martinborough in the heart of New Zealand’s Wine Trail
- Napier, Art Deco capital of the world
- Lake Taupo
- International flights from the UK to New Zealand
- Two night hotel stays in Auckland, Wellington, Picton and Christchurch including breakfast
- All transfers
- Auckland to Wellington on the Northern Explorer Train
- Two crossings on the Interislander Ferry
- Picton to Christchurch on the Coastal Pacific Train
- 18 nights on pre-booked campsites
- Unlimited use of a Maui Ultima motorhome for 19 days including:
- Insurance with Liability Reduction Option
- Single Vehicle Rollover Cover
- Extra Driver Fee
- Unlimited km
- Picnic table and chairs
- In-vehicle tablet with GPS
Price per person is based on two people sharing, prices for solo travellers are available on request.
You have the choice of all Britz, Maui, Star RV, Apollo, McRent and Pacific Horizon motorhomes for this tour. The prices displayed are based on the Maui 2 berth Ultima model or you can upgrade to any of the other motorhomes for an additional cost. Click on the images for more details and specifications of each motorhome.