ATOL protected - Peace of mind for holidaymakers
ABTA - Travel with confidence

Book your holiday today:

   Within GB: 01580 214 089 • International: +44 (0)1580 214 089

Canada is a treasure house of natural beauty and cosmopolitan sophistication. This nation of vast proportions exudes the irresistible allure of a magnificent land with a deep cultural history and unsurpassed, primordial splendour. Dynamic urban centres contrast pristine landscapes and are home to diverse cultures of aboriginal, European and Asian decent, creating a welcoming nation of truly global citizens.

Major Cities

Canada’s major cities include: Charlottetown, St. John’s, Saint John, Halifax, Quebec City, Montreal, Ottawa (the capital), Toronto, Winnipeg, Regina, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver and Victoria.


Canada is a country that truly offers exciting indoor and outdoor activities for every season. Generally, spring runs mid-March to mid-May, summer mid-May to mid-September, fall mid-September to mid-November, and winter mid-November to mid-March. Choose the season best suited to your tastes and temperament.


English and French are Canada’s two official languages, though the province of New Brunswick is the only officially bilingual area in the country. Both languages will generally appear on maps, tourist brochures and product labels. French is the dominant language in the province of Quebec.

Currency and Money: Canadian Dollar (C$)

The currency system in Canada uses dollars and cents similar to the U.S., Australia and New Zealand. Canada has a large network of reliable automatic teller machines, which make it the simplest means to obtain cash, particularly if your home bank ATM card is on the Cirrus or Delta networks.


The Canadian government levies a VAT tax (GST) of 5% on the purchase of goods and services. Depending on which state you are in, an additional tax is levied on top of this (PST) - ranging between 0% - 10.5%. For goods that you take home with you you can apply for a GST tax return at the end of your trip. Information about this procedure can be found at airports and in many shops throughout Canada.


Canada uses ‘American-style’ plugs with two parallel flat blades above a circular grounding pin and plugs with two parallel flat blades. Conversion kits are required for those bringing electrical goods from Europe.


Your passport should be valid for the proposed duration of your stay. No additional period of validity beyond this is required.


Visitors travelling to Canada by air are now expected to get an electronic travel authorisation (eTA) to enter Canada. For more information about the eTA system, and to apply online, visit the official Canadian Government website.