Well placed for a convenient stopover, Dubai lies between the Arabian desert and the warm Gulf waters. Aside from a cloudless sky with almost constant sunshine, you can enjoy superb beaches and world class shopping in the mysterious souks and the grand malls.
Dubai is truly international, exemplified by the long ribbon of fine sand at Jumeirah Beach, dotted with some of the finest hotels in the world offering lavish cuisine and even more lavish facilities.
Land your helicopter on the roof and savour the views over the city, framed by vast skyscrapers like Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest structure.
Get to know the real Dubai and the traditional Arabia by visiting Bur Dubai and Deira, where the impenetrable alleys, souks and mosques seem to take you back in time.
Highlights of Dubai
- The Palm Jumeirah and The World are man-made islands built on sand
- The atmospheric Gold and Spice Souks
- The observation deck at Burj Khalifa on the 124th floor
- 70 air conditioned shopping malls, and counting
- A cruise on a traditional wooden dhow up the Dubai Creek
- The fascinating Dubai Museum
- Take a 4WD desert safari, ending with a Bedouin feast
- Wild Wadi Water Park – the 33 metre waterslide is not for everyone!
- Go skiing at the Mall of Emirates
- Underwater treasures of the ocean at the Dubai Aquarium
- The preserved old quarter of Bastakia Quarter