Fly from the UK, arriving in Auckland on day three due to the difference in time zones. Unwind after the flight and enjoy this harbour side city. Explore at your leisure, perhaps taking in the views from the top of the Sky Tower or enjoying a boat trip across the harbour to one of the neighbouring islands.
Embark on a breathtaking journey through the wonders of New Zealand with this extraordinary independent rail and road tour, designed to offer you the very best of this enchanting country.
Jump aboard the Northern Explorer, running from Auckland to Wellington, traversing the majestic Tongariro National Park, home to an astonishing tapestry of snow-blanketed ancient lava flows and lush beech forests.
The magic doesn't stop there; catch a ride on The Coastal Pacific. Departing Picton, on the northern tip of the South Island, glide gracefully to the charming city of Christchurch via the rugged Pacific coastline.
Discover the rest of New Zealand in your motorhome. Discover Mount Cook (Aoraki), Lake Tekapo, Wanaka, Franz Josef Glacier, and the Abel Tasman National Park on the South Island before returning to the North Island to explore Martinborough, Napier, Lake Taupo, and the Coromandel Peninsula.
Duration: 32 days
Independent Motorhome Tours
Departure dates:Make an enquiry
- The cities of Auckland, Wellington, and Christchurch
- The Northern Explorer Train from Auckland to Wellington including Tongariro National Park
- The harbour town of Picton
- The Coastal Pacific Train from Picton to Christchurch
- Mount Cook and the Southern Alps
- The lakeside town of Wanaka
- Abel Tasman National Park
- Martinborough in the heart of New Zealand’s Wine Trail
- Napier, Art Deco capital of the world
- Lake Taupo
Sorry, this map cannot be displayed.
The following consent is required:
Tracking & performance, Targeting & advertising.
- International flights from the UK to New Zealand
- All Transfers
- 4 Nights hotel accommodation in Auckland, including breakfast
- 2 Nights hotel accommodation in Wellington, including breakfast
- 2 Nights hotel accommodation in Picton, including breakfast
- 2 Nights hotel accommodation in Christchurch, including breakfast
- Auckland to Wellington on the Northern Explorer Train
- Two crossings on the Interislander Ferry
- Picton to Christchurch on the Coastal Pacific Train
- 18 nights on pre-booked campsites
- Unlimited use of a Maui Ultima motorhome for 19 days including:
- Insurance with Liability Reduction Option
- Single Vehicle Rollover Cover
- Extra Driver Fee
- Unlimited km
- Picnic table and chairs
Price per person is based on two people sharing, prices for solo travellers are available on request.
You have the choice of all Britz, Maui, Star RV, Apollo, McRent and Pacific Horizon motorhomes for this tour. The prices displayed are based on the Maui 2 berth Ultima model or you can upgrade to any of the other motorhomes for an additional cost. Click on the images for more details and specifications of each motorhome.