On arrival at Hobart you’ll be greeted and taken to the Rydges Hotel for a three night stay and a chance to unwind and acclimatise.
Set on the Derwent River, Hobart is famed for its deep harbour (one of the deepest in the world) and its well preserved colonial buildings. Stroll among the picturesque Victorian warehouses of Sullivan’s Cove, along the waterfront to Salamanca Place and perhaps the Saturday market. Mount Wellington, sometimes white-tipped with snow, looms in the distance.
Being the smallest of the state capitals, Hobart is easily navigated. To help you on your way, a morning city tour is included in your itinerary. Widely acclaimed as one of the best tours of its type, this will bring the city to life, explaining the history behind the making of the city and providing a glimpse of the way of life in times past.
Sparsely populated and brimming with wild and untamed scenery, it's unsurprising that Tasmania is often called Australia's island gem. From historic Hobart, explore rugged coastlines and lush rainforests, towering peaks and hidden bays. Learn about a colourful history, visit quaint towns and picturesque villages and experience sensational gastronomy washed down with cool climate wines and craft beers.
Duration: 24 days
Independent Motorhome Tours
Departure dates:Make an enquiry
- Colonial Hobart
- Port Arthur and the Tasman National Park
- Freycinet National Park
- St Helens and Georges Bay
- Launceston– The Garden City
- Cradle Mountain – Lake St Clair National Park
- Strahan – Gateway to the South West World Heritage National Park
- The West Coast Wilderness Railway
- Gordon River Cruise
- Australian Convict Site at Port Arthur
Sorry, this map cannot be displayed.
The following consent is required:
Tracking & performance, Targeting & advertising.
- International flights to Australia
- Airport transfers on arrival and departure
- Transfers to and from the motorhome depot
- 3 nights in a 4-star hotel in central Hobart, including breakfast
- 16 nights pre-booked campsites, with electricity
- Hobart City Tour
- A trip on the West Coast Wilderness Railway
- Gordon River Cruise
- 17 days Maui Ultima 2 berth motorhome rental including:
- Unlimited mileage, GST, admin fee and all additional drivers
- Kitchen equipment, linen and bedding plus a linen change during the tour
- Liability Reduction Option (liability reduced to nil) plus Single vehicle rollover cover
- Picnic table and chairs
- Portable fan heater (on request)
Price per person is based on two people sharing, prices for solo travellers are available on request.
You have the choice of all Britz, Maui, Apollo and Star RV motorhomes for this tour. The prices displayed are based on the Maui 2 berth Ultima model or you can upgrade to any of the other motorhomes for an additional cost. Click on the images for more details and specifications of each motorhome.