USA has a range of options for you to choose from when it comes to camping. You might want to choose one particular option or mix and match to suit you.
Holiday Parks & Campgrounds
Campgrounds are a major part of any motorhome holiday in the US and whether you like to plan every aspect of your holiday or whether you prefer the freedom to plan as you go, you will need to know where you can find campgrounds.
There are thousands of campgrounds situated throughout the United States, made up of independents and franchises and below is a selection of links to the major Camp Ground & RV Park websites in the US:
• National Park Service - America's National Parks boast some of the finest campgrounds in the country.
• State Parks USA - America's State Parks also have beautiful campgrounds and are similar to those in the National Parks.
• GoRVing - A great platform to help you find your RV campground and lots more
• Reserve America - One of the leading online providers for campsite reservations at campgrounds across the USA.
• Woodall's - Find your US campgrounds by state.
• KOA – Kampgrounds Of America are found across the USA and are known for their high quality standards.
• Free Campgrounds - For bargain-hunters, is a list of places where you can camp for free or nearly free.
As a minimum we recommend you pre-book at least your first night in advance as this will give you peace of mind as to where you are going. Most Americans travel to campgrounds over weekends and bank holidays so we strongly recommend pre-booking your campgrounds in advance during these periods and during peak times.
When booking your campgrounds, we recommend booking a ‘pull through site’ as this will allow you to drive in one end and pull out the other when you leave.
Full 'Hook Ups' allows you to connect to Mains water, Mains Electricity (powers the roof air conditioner and plug sockets) and waste.
Please be aware that campgrounds in more rural areas may not have all amenities.