A little piece of tropical paradise known as the ‘Island of the Gods’ and for good reason. Bali offers pristine sandy beaches, amazing reefs teeming with exotic fish and always a very warm, kindly welcome.
Out and About
The capital of Denpasar is the usual point of arrival, convenient for the resort town of Kuta with its popular beaches, great shopping and lively nightlife or the slightly calmer region of Sanur. You may find time to explore inland Ubud, a fascinating cultural region dotted with atmospheric, crumbling temples and a lush landscape of terraced rice fields.
- Unspoilt white sand beaches
- Ubud’s arts & crafts
- Pura Jagatnatha – Bali’s national temple and the backdrop to many a colourful festival.
- Denpasar Markets – a heady mix of fragrant spices, colourful fabrics and unfamiliar fruit and vegetables
- Waterbom Park – a maze of water slides and family fun south of Kuta
- Ubud Rice Fields – a unique and fascinatingly unfamiliar landscape
Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary – home to the characterful Balinese Macaques which inhabit the protected forest